Gregory A. Tanner
Gregory A. Tanner
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 262-6510
Fax: (404) 261-2842
Greg Tanner joined the firm in December, 2016 as an associate. He represents clients – particularly those in the healthcare industry – in relation to government investigations, audits, and administrative proceedings, and provides counsel and guidance to his clients on a variety of federal and state regulatory issues.
Greg graduated with honors from the Georgia State University College of Law, receiving honors in the Health Law Certificate program, and completing a dual degree Master of Science in Health Administration. He earned his bachelor’s degree in religion from the University of Georgia, where he was a Presidential Scholar and Dean’s List Recipient. After law school, he clerked for the Honorable Jack Partain, Superior Court Judge of the Conasauga Judicial Circuit in Northwest Georgia.
During law school, Greg was involved with a variety of health law related endeavors, including an internship with the Office of Legal Affairs at Grady Hospital, an appointment as a graduate research assistant to Prof. Leslie Wolf on a project funded by a grant from the NIH, and competing for the law school at both the University of Maryland’s National Health Law Regulatory & Compliance Competition, and at the Loyola University Chicago’s L. Edward Bryant, Jr. National Health Law Transactional Moot Court Competition. Greg was also a student leader of the Student Health Law Association for three years, including serving one year as Co-President. Under Georgia’s Third-year Practice Act, he also represented clients through Georgia State University’s Health Law Partnership (“HeLP”) Clinic serving patients from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Prior to law school, he completed 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education, and worked as a hospital chaplain at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, TX caring for and assisting hospital staff, patients and families through end-of-life issues, trauma, and other healthcare crises.
Areas of Practice:
· Health Law
· Georgia, 2016
· Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
– J.D., cum laude, 2016
– Health Law Certificate (with honors)
· Georgia State University Robinson College of Business, Atlanta, Georgia
– M.S., Health Administration, 2016
· University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
– A.B., Religion, 2005
- Clinical Laboratories Beware: A Summary of the OIG’s Unfavorable Advisory Opinion 16-12 (ABA Health eSource Vol. 16, No. 3)
- The New Era of Individual Responsibility in Health Care Fraud and Abuse (AHLA, Executive Summary)
- SCOTUS “Splits the Baby” in False Claims Act Decision (AHLA Weekly)